Monday, February 10, 2014

Too Many Things To Write About

Work and home have conspired against me, and I haven't found time to blog about a few things that have cropped up.

The first is an interview with one of the people involved with FATAL, James Hausler, with a lively discussion posted on RPG.Net. I haven't had a chance to listen yet (apparently it's four hours worth) and some of the commenters on RPG.Net have been delving into the specific details of the interview. What's interesting to me is the guy's apparent off-loading of the "bad" parts of FATAL (not the parts you'd think) while taking credit for the "good" parts (also, not the parts that you think).

While digging around for some things (like a mention of a "secret" page on the former FATAL website that allegedly demeaned various either sexual conquests or people who had rejected sexual advances) I stumbled across this thread about what looks like a roleplaying forum for something called "Hot Wet Planet". I was pretty awestruck by the responses of the author to the criticism. I have some parallels to draw between Hausler, Arisama from the Hot Wet Planet thread, and Mykal Lakim from Dark Phoenix Publishing but haven't had a chance to fully gestate those thoughts.

Add Raven S. McCracken and we'll have a complete set!
Hopefully in the next few days I'll get a chance to play some catch-up and get some other gaming-related stuff done.