Tuesday, February 4, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge Day 4

For this post, I'm supposed to tell the tale of the first dragon that was slain playing D&D.

The problem is, I can't freaking remember. It's been over 30 years, and there's just no way.


Piecing together memories of how our adventures played out, and the fact that I got the boxed sets kind of in pace with characters levelling, I'd have to say that officially the first dragon would have been while playing through X1, Isle of Dread. There might have been a white dragon before that, but the memories are just too damn fuzzy.

Looking at this (awesome) walkthrough map, it was most likely a green dragon because that's what's shown. But it might not have been.

I mostly remember dinosaurs, lots of dinosaurs
So, this one is going to have remain a mystery for the ages.