Sunday, February 2, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge Day 2

So, as I said in the first challenge post, I was "introduced" to Basic D&D by the next door neighbor kid. In a way, he's the first one I introduced D&D to properly because he was who I played with once I actually figured out what the fuck was going on in that crazy game. We replayed through Keep on the Borderlands, properly, although I don't remember what his character was. I do remember that we eventually came to the conclusion that losing characters sucked, so once he rolled up his third or fourth - an Elf I believe - he was able to get that character through subsequent sets up to Immortal. By that time I had branched out into other roleplaying games - including AD&D and Traveller. Unfortunately, divergent paths once I got into high school (plus a number of other factors) meant that I started playing with other people.