Thursday, October 24, 2013

Heartbreakers, heartbreakers everywhere!


No, I'm not talking about a new heartbreaker. At least not one that's actually out. My involvement with a semi-sekrit intentional heartbreaker project has gotten me thinking about what my heartbreaker would look like.

For sure, it would be some form of Silhouette with elements of Interlock, Synergy and possibly even CORPS mixed in. With a smattering of Fate on top. It would still be reasonably identifiable as Silhouette- dice pool, take the highest, zero-average attributes, wound system. It wouldn't use d6...most likely d10, and the ranges would be a lot different as a result. It likely would use a Friday Night Firefight style ranged combat system without active defense rolls. It might get a little crunchier in terms of turn order. It would definitely ditch the SilCore notions of complexity, as well as the social conflict rules. Not that I don't think social conflict rules are good to have...it's just implementing it like combat with the bloody parts filed off and replaced with social bits that doesn't work.

None of that includes the vehicle design system, which likewise would be a Silhouette and Mekton love child, maybe with some Maximum Metal mixed in for good measure.

So, that's my heartbreaker. I'm sure at some point I'll get around to actually getting it out of my head.