Thursday, August 21, 2014

Where Have I Been?

It's been a pretty long time. For the past month and a half or so I've been kind of absent from Google+, gaming forums, and other type activities.

I announced a number of months back that we are having a baby, who is due any day now. Preparations for the baby and a few other changes prompted some lifestyle changes for me. I'm a lot more active now, walking at least a couple miles a day. I'm going to bed earlier, waking up earlier, and just a lot busier in general.  +Ingress is definitely a contributing factor there - but many of the changes to my routine came about naturally, with Ingress just coming along for the ride (often literally).

I'm 44, which means when my newborn son turns 18 I'll be 62. Combine the realization that I need to take better care of myself for him with the natural instinct to want to get things in order with a new baby coming - lots of cleaning, fixing things up, putting things together, etc. - and I've had a lot less time for gaming-related activities. The downside is less time spent on rpgs and related activities. I even have Watchdogs and Thief- which I got for my birthday over a month ago - that I haven't even started playing yet. The upside is that once the baby is born and everything is in order - family-wise, physically, and even to some degree mentally - I'm going to be coming back full force.