Monday, September 30, 2013

Catching Up With Mykal Lakim

Well, it's been a few months and I figured it was time for us to see what's new at Dark Phoenix Publishing.

What is that? They're actually still operating? The answer to that is a resounding "Yes!", and they have a lot of exciting things going on.



First, there is the wonderful news that Dark Phoenix Publishing has expanded! Yes, that's right...they're doing so well that they were able to start up a media arm, called Dark Phoenix Entertainment. This new company will be producing "feature films, television series and music videos." In fact, they have already completed a script for the first episode of Blood Legacies, are in talks with a television network, have all of their characters named and a listing on IMDb! And lest I forget, we have an action-packed trailer:


Be sure to check out their other high quality videos on their YouTube channel.

But that's not all! This burgeoning multi-media empire, flush with the success of Vampire: Undeath is getting new sourcebooks. We already have the Bucoli sourcebook, and the Makers book (which is reviewed here). But next up is the Deluxe Bucoli sourcebook. It's been described as sickening and having more options than any other vampire rpg. What's even better, other sourcebooks such as the Lyhin book are also still in the works.

Please give me a minute while I go clean myself up...I just got a little too excited there.

Unfortunately for us, we have to wait until 2015 to be blown away by Blood Legacies. I'm not sure that I can wait that long.


I mean with names like Axl, Diesel and Toxic you know this is good stuff!